Thursday, August 27, 2009

Winter

I found this on our computer in Kotzebue, written by a friend of Rachel's, I want to have written it because it is beautiful and really represents the area but I didn't. I hope you enjoy it.


Winter

sparkling in the morning light
glinting from the stars by night
frozen carpet, pale shroud
offspring of a frigid cloud

dry as dust, coarse as sand
melts like butter in the hand
stinging needles on the face
intricate as silken lace

cosmetic for a dirty world
earthward from the sky it swirled
present seven months a year
ubiquitous, it's always near

and when it's gone, you'll never know
that not so very long ago
when it was dark and the wind would blow
we lived in a world of snow

Donald Neal 2006

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Was this on our computer, or some office where you worked? If it was our home one I wanna say that Donnie wrote it, because it's sounds very familiar, and like something he would write.

I love you!!

Life In a Blended Family said...

I kind of thought that also. It was on our computer. We have talked about this before but I don't know if i ever asked him.

Casey said...

that's way cool, you should submit it to a contest! just plagarize. :)

Life In a Blended Family said...

I could I suppose...but I really like and respect Donnie and if this is his work he should get the credit. I really need to make Rachel ask him about it.

Amazing Bible Timeline said...

I didn't know you were writing again! I hadn't even checked for awhile. Glad to see it.