Thursday, May 21, 2009

6 Weeks and Counting

I am not sure how long I will blog about the surgery but wanted to update some things. My weight loss is going very well. I have fears of adding foods into my diet. Mostly, I have fears of failing at this again. Some things I have noticed are that people are afraid to eat around me or apologetic when they do. I just wanted to alleviate some guilt. I did this because I wanted and needed the extra support to be successful. This does not mean that you can't eat around me. I will always be able to find something for myself and many times do not feel hungry. So please enjoy yourself. I will be able to enjoy nearly every food again, as well, in about 18 months (just not in the same portions) and until then I want to take advantage of this great tool for weight loss. I hope to learn new eating habits so well that I will never be able to eat the portion sizes I used to and will maintain what weight I can lose now.

I am grateful to everyone for their support. I just do not want this to be the central part of my life. I want new adventures, playing outside with my kids, participating at the park, learning to knit and other new things I want to learn or re incorporate into my life to be the central focus. I am excited to travel and be able to move around comfortably. I am enjoying learning to know what my bodies real needs are and to fulfill only those needs.

This week I got to go to Philly and New Jersey to visit with family and friends and witness a beautiful wedding. It was so fun. I love the East. I am so happy to see the colors and smell the smells of the East. My nephew ran me to New York to visit family there which he always does and I always love. Special times. I could not ask for more.

Have a great day!!

1 comment:

Creston & Cynthia said...

Hey:) I didn't know you were doing that surgery but it sounds like you're doing really good! Hope it continues to go well....love you!!